13 June 2015

Quadrant Private Equity Acquires V.I.P. Petfoods

In 1994, Tony and Christina Quinn founded V.I.P. Petfoods and it is currently Australia’s top independent pet food company and the largest producer of chilled pet food in the world. V.I.P. distributes food throughout Australia and in other foreign countries. The company has 6 manufacturing locations and over 600 employees. V.I.P. distributes over 150.000 tons of pet food each year. V.I.P. founder, Tony Quinn said, “Over the past two decades, V.I.P. has grown to become a leading Australian manufacturer of pet food and one of the largest manufacturers of pet food in the world. Christina and I are proud of what we and our team have achieved in building V.I.P. into a world class pet food manufacturing business and we believe Quadrant is the right partner to assist the team over the next phase of growth, which we look forward to being a part of.”

Quadrant Private Equity will be purchasing V.I.P. for $317.8 million USD. Quadrant will keep the current management team to continue to grow the business. Founders Tony and Christina Quinn will remain significant shareholders in the company.

“V.I.P. has built up an impressive position in the Australian pet food industry and has established a truly leading manufacturing capability. We believe there are opportunities to further implement growth and strategic initiatives to enhance the brand and product in Australia and throughout the world. This is another great example of Quadrant partnering with Australian entrepreneurs to provide capital and strategic expertise to execute on growth,” said Chris Hadley, Managing Director of Quadrant.


No comments:

Post a Comment